SALTO Participation & Information Resource Centre is hiring a Youth Participation Coordinator
13 June 2023
Do you want to work in an organisation which aims to enhance participation in democratic life across Europe? As our team grows and our activities expand to the fields of education and training, SALTO Participation & Information Resource Centre (SALTO PI) is hiring a Youth Participation Coordinator to join the team in Tallinn, Estonia, from August 2023.
To support youth participation in Europe, the main role of the SALTO PI is to help the network of National Agencies (NAs) to exploit the unique potential of the EU Youth programmes Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps in supporting and manifesting youth empowerment by providing participation experience, fostering young people’s participation in civic and social life, involving young people in democratic decision-making processes and in developing competences for participation as well as engaging young people and decision-makers in Structured Dialogue.
- To support the implementation of the objectives of the Youth Participation Strategy, the European strategy for enhancing youth participation through Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes in the field of youth, and for developing synergies between formal and non-formal learning fields to enhance youth participation.
- To support the capacity building of the NAs to take their role as enhancers of youth participation, including their role in the development of critical competencies for participation and in reaching its target audiences.
- To develop expertise on and initiate reflection, discussion and cultivate awareness about the evolving trends in youth participation, competencies for participation, youth involvement in democratic decision-making processes, policy developments around participation, etc.
- To offer new and smart solutions to NAs, European Commission and programme stakeholders and target groups, including data-rich analyses as well as innovation in approaches and methods to foster participation in democratic life and the critical competencies development needed for its quality.
- To liaise with and provide expertise and support to the European Commission for raising awareness amongst stakeholders about the objectives and developing synergies between EU Education and Youth Policy and the Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes.
- To facilitate processes and organise events (offline and online) to support achieving the objectives.
Work Experience (including voluntary work)
- A minimum of four years of international experience in strategic project or programme planning and management in participation and civic engagement is required.
- Experience in planning, managing, and conducting transnational training programmes, organising conferences and monitoring/analysing information and data is desirable.
- Experience in online and/or outreach/information campaigns and projects is required.
- Experience in working with non-formal learning and youth work fields is required.
Language and Education
Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; basic knowledge of Estonian is an asset. Candidates should have an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in social sciences.
What we offer
- Work in an ambitious and dynamic team committed to a shared cause, including an active approach to team development, training activities and opportunities for personal and professional development.
- A chance to develop meaningful activities and directions based on the overall aims and objectives of SALTO PI.
- Benefits designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance, e.g., health subsidy and health days; a salary that enables comfortable living in Estonia.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
- A fixed-term employment contract until 31.12.2024.
We invite you to submit your application by 2 July 2023, including your CV, highlighting the relevance of your experiences and competence to the job, and a motivation letter focused on your vision in working at the SALTO Participation & Information Resource Centre.
NB! All documents should be sent through the RECRUR recruitment platform of the Estonian Education and Youth Board.