Open call: Mentors – Online Challenge “Develop your quality E+/ESC project focused on youth participation”
21 December 2023
The strategic partnership “New Power in Youth” (NPiY SNAC) is looking for mentors to support the Online Challenge – Develop your quality E+/ESC project focused on youth participation, planned to take part online between December 2023 – February 2024. The call for participants provides a more detailed overview of the process in place.
The selected mentors should have:
- knowledge and experience in working on the topic of youth participation and participatory approaches in the youth sector;
- good knowledge of the EU Youth Programme and their objectives, especially E+ KA1 – Youth exchanges; E+ KA1 – Youth Participation Activities or ESC (ESC30)
- competences in developing E+ and ESC projects
- advanced mentorship experience and/or abilities to support E+ & ESC (potential) beneficiaries
- excellent ability to communicate in English.
The selected mentors are expected to:
- be available for the first online preparatory meeting on 15 January 2024, 14-15:30 CET (mandatory for all selected mentors)
- be available to work with the participants of the Online Challenge between 16 Jan – 23 Feb 2024 (until the projects are submitted to E+/ESC deadlines)
- be available for other coordination meetings with the Online Challenge team
- be available to join a meeting with all the participants of the Online Challenge on 1 March 2024 (the closing of the Online Challenge)
- self-organise an initial video-call with each team they are assigned
- initiate a weekly contact with each team; support can be offered via video calls; emails; chat messages, or any other form agreed with each team
- remind participants to prepare their weekly social media updates (each week, the teams have to create a social media post about their progress in the challenge)
- each team will be allocated, 16 working hours in total (distributed throughout 16 Jan-23 February)
- each mentor is expected to have assigned minimum two teams; the final number of teams will be decided on the 15 of January, based on the number of teams formed
- the fee is of 660 euros for joining all preparatory meetings and mentoring one team. The fee will increase proportionally with the number of teams mentored (eg. 1320 euros for mentoring two teams). The EE NA can pay reverse VAT if applicable.
The selected mentors will work together with
- the 2 trainers who prepare and facilitate the the Online Challenge
- the European Coordinator of New Power in Youth SNAC
- other members of the team supporting the Online Challenge
Application & selection procedure
Apply no later than: 8 January 2024
How to apply:
Please send your CV and short motivation letter to the New Power in Youth Coordinator (Veronica STEFAN, email@example.com) by 8 January 23:00 CET. In your CV and motivation letter, please make sure you present your skills and experience based on the section “requested profile” above. In the motivation letter, please briefly explain your motivation for being involved in this activity.
The selection will be conducted by the Estonian NA staff and experts of the Online Challenge based on your CV and motivation letter. The evaluation committee will consider previous experience with similar events and topics.
You will be informed about the selection by: 11 January 2024