Open call: Mentors for Online Challenge – E+/ESC projects focused on youth participation
24 November 2022
The Strategic Partnership “New Power in Youth” (NPiY SNAC) is looking for 5 mentors to plan and implement the Online Challenge – Projects focused on youth participation, planned to take part online between 16 January – 24 February 2023 (5 weeks). The call for participants provides a more detailed overview.
The selected mentors should have:
- knowledge and experience in working on the topic of youth participation and participatory approaches in the youth sector;
- good knowledge of the EU Youth Programme and their objectives, especially E+ KA1 – Youth exchanges; E+ KA1 – Youth Participation Activities or ESC (ESC30 Solidarity Projects)
- competences in developing E+ and ESC projects
- mentorship experience and/or abilities to support E+ & ESC (potential) beneficiaries
- excellent ability to communicate in English.
The selected mentors are expected to:
- be available for one online preparatory meeting in December 2022 and an evaluation meeting in February 2023
- be available to work with the participants of the Online Challenge for 5 weeks, between 16 Jan – 24 Feb 2023
- self-organise an initial video-call with each team they are assigned
- initiate a weekly contact with each team; support can be offered via video calls; emails; messages, or any other form agreed with each team
- remind participants to prepare their weekly social media updates (each week, the teams have to create a social media post about their progress in the challenge)
- each team will be allocated 3 working hours per week, 15 hours in total
- each mentor is expected to have assigned minimum one team and maximum 3 teams, the final number of teams will be decided at the beginning of the Online challenge, based on the number of teams formed
- the fee is 600 euros for joining all preparatory meetings and mentoring one team. The maximum fee is 1.800 euros for mentoring 3 teams.
The 5 mentors will work together with the 2 trainers who will prepare the Online Challenge, the European Coordinator of New Power in Youth SNAC and the Estonian NA officer.
Application & selection procedure
Apply no later than: 15 December 2022
Please send your CV and short motivation letter to the New Power in Youth Coordinator (Veronica STEFAN, email@example.com) by 15 December 23:00 CET. In your CV and motivation letter, please make sure you present your skills and experience based on the section “requested profile” above. In the motivation letter, please briefly explain your motivation for being involved in this activity.
The selection will be conducted by the Estonian NA staff and experts based on your CV and motivation letter. The evaluation committee will consider previous experience with similar events and topics.
You will be informed about the selection results by: 18 December 2022
New Power in Youth is a Strategic Partnership (NPiY SNAC) between National Agencies for Erasmus+ & European Solidarity Corps and SALTO Resource Centers. Its main aim is to foster youth participation in democratic life and contributes to three specific objectives:
- Introducing Erasmus+ & ESC Youth Participation Strategy and supporting youth participation projects through E+ & ESC programmes.
- Supporting the strategic development of youth participation in democratic life on local, national and European level.
- Enhancing the partnership between the non-formal and formal education sectors in order to better support youth participation in democratic life.
NPiY SNAC is led by the Estonian National Agency & SALTO Participation & Information, in partnership with NAs from BG; CY; FI; DE; IT; LV; NL; RO; SL; ES; SALTO South-East Europe; SALTO Inclusion & Diversity.