Start your New Year with a New Challenge!
Are you a youth leader or youth worker committed to becoming an agent of change in your local community and beyond? Are you interested in applying for an Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps Project in 2023 focused on youth participation? Then the Online Challenge is the place for you!
The Online Challenge – Youth Participation Projects aims to challenge and support young people in submitting their projects focused on youth participation by the 23 February 2023 deadline of Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps (ESC), within 5 weeks only!
The deadline for application is 16 December 2022. Selected applicants will be informed on 22 December 2022 of the results.
During the Online Challenge you will:
- learn about project development
- develop youth participation projects within: Erasmus+ KA1 – Youth exchanges; KA1 – Youth Participation Activities or European Solidarity Corps (ESC30 Solidarity Projects)
- find international partner(s) for the project and develop the project application together with them
- get tailored and quality support from mentors, who will help you to transfer your project idea into the application form – maximum 3 hours weekly, online
- create different online visuals to show the progress of work – to be promoted weekly via your social media channels
- receive an award if you succeed in submitting the application on the February 2023 deadline
Eligibility (all criteria need to be met)
The activity is open to young people:
- aged 16-30 years old, part of an organisation or informal group (maximum one person per organisation/group)
- interested in developing youth participation projects within the Erasmus+ KA1 – Youth exchanges; KA1 – Youth Participation Activities or ESC (ESC30 Solidarity Projects)
- potential beneficiaries who have little or no experience in participating in Erasmus+ and ESC projects; or who have previously submitted an application but which was not approved
- representatives of organisations who are interested in finding at least one partner during the challenge (you cannot be part of the challenge and work alone for your project idea)
- capable of communicating effectively in English
All EU Member States; North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, Albania; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Kosovo; Montenegro
Participants should be willing to commit to actively participate in all activities organised within the online challenge:
- join the 3 online meetings (dates will be soon announced); access to computers and Internet is needed
- develop their project and join weekly consultations with mentors; maximum duration of 3 hrs/week (online meetings, emails, or chat messages) for 5 weeks
- share their progress online through weekly updates shared through their social media
The main platform for sessions will be ZOOM (Central European Time).
For group consultations with mentorship, you can choose the preferred communication channel.
All members of those teams who will submit the application by the deadline of February 2023 will receive the award (just for the submission, it doesn’t matter if it will be approved or not).
The Online Challenge is part of the Strategic Partnership New Power in Youth (NPiY SNAC), between several Erasmus+ National Agencies in the field of youth and SALTO Resource Centres.