Developing digital youth work: Policy recommendations, training needs and good practice examples for youth workers and decision-makers
Year of production: 2018
This publication contains the main outcomes of this expert group set up under the European Union Work Plan for Youth for 2016-2018
- a working definition of “digital youth work”;
- examples of innovative practices in delivering digital youth work and upskilling youth workers‘ digital competences;
- policy recommendations on the development of digital youth work;
- identification of training needs of youth workers relevant for digital youth work, based on existing competence frameworks for digital skills and for youth work;
- collection of training material which is available online and which addresses the identified training needs of youth workers relevant for digital youth work.
Set up under the European Union Work Plan for Youth 2016-2018, the expert group on ‚Risks, opportunities and implications of digitalisation for youth, youth work and youth policy‘ provides policy recommendations, training needs and good practice examples in developing digital youth work across the EU. Twenty-one Member States nominated a representative to this expert group from diverse backgrounds, including from ministries, youth organisations and councils, and national agencies working in the digital field. The European Youth Forum was invited as a permanent participant.