Critical Thinking and Media Literacy Online Seminars
6 January 2021
The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) in cooperation with SALTO PI launches a series of 6 online seminars aiming at readjusting youth (information) workers thinking about media literacy and critical thinking! Eye-opening presentations and practical workshops where participants can learn theory and tools for their own work with young people.
- January 12, 2021: Introduction to Media and Information Literacy: Promotion of critical thinking and democracy in youth work
- January 19, 2021: Talking about inclusion: Access and digital divide in youth work
- January 26, 2021: Evils of online: Cyber bullying, hate speech and cybercrime
- February 2, 2021: Era of disinformation: Fake news, internet trolls and photo manipulation impacting youth
- February 9, 2021: The role of media and information literacy in preventing youth radicalization and extremism
- February 16, 2021: Changing media landscapes and young people as content creators
The seminars will be organised on Tuesdays, at 14-16.30 CET time.
Each of the seminars consists of short theoretical lectures and/or practice-oriented interventions by experts and a participatory working session for the participants for discussion, sharing and mapping lessons learnt for one’s own work back home.