Call for applications “Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance 2021”
28 January 2021
The Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance (YOUthDIG) is a yearly pre-event to the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) aimed to foster active youth participation in Internet-related processes.
For the 2021 edition applications are open until 7 February!
Within the YOUthDIG framework, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Experience peer-learning and networking with youth residing in Europe
- Learn about Internet governance and how to get involved in Internet Governance Forum (IGF) processes
- Discuss and exchange ideas with experienced Internet policy practitioners
- Develop policy messages and present them at EuroDIG and the global IGF
Eligibility criteria for applying
- Young people residing in a European country (Council of Europe member states)
- Between 18 and 30 years of age
- Show a strong interest in Internet governance, digital policy and cooperation
The YOUthDIG Program offers the possibility to cover costs for a limited number of selected participants and consists of:
- an online phase (April – June 2021) with regular exchanges, presentations by participants and virtual learning opportunities
- participation in the on-site meeting (June 26 – 30) in Trieste, Italy (if eventual travel restrictions allow)
- contribution to the drafting of the Youth Messages, and to the EuroDIG 2021 programme by joining Org Teams and supporting sessions.
All applicants will be informed about the status of selection by March 14, 2021.