Open call – Study Session “Youth e-participation matters”
26 July 2021
The Study Session “Youth e-participation matters – Transferring local youth participation in decision-making processes to the digital sphere” aims to highlight the importance of youth e-participation and to equip participants with practical knowledge on the applicability, transferability and implementation of different digital solutions for youth participation in decision-making processes at the local level.
Specific objectives of the study session are:
- to discuss and compare the essential issues of youth participation and e-participation such as: access, impact, opportunities and threats
- to introduce examples of digital tools for e-participation and reflect on how to make them more youth-friendly and applicable to local realities
- collect the values and principles of youth e-participation referring to existing models and principles of youth participation
- to vision effective strategies for implementation of youth e-participation process in decision-making at the local level
- to share the practices and experiences of participants in regard to e-participation
When: 10th-16th October 2021 (including travel days)
Where: European Youth Centre – Strasbourg, France
Deadline for applying: 15th August 2021 by 12:00 (midday) CET
- Youth workers and educators working in the field of youth participation;
- Youth leaders and young people with interest in youth participation, Young representatives of local youth councils and similar participation structures;
- Young developers of e-participation solutions;
- Local authority representatives with responsibilities in youth issues.
Moreover, the participants must:
- be able to work in English;
- according to the rules of the Council of Europe, participants should be aged between 18 and 30 years old (exceptional cases can be accepted, when justified);
- be willing to contribute with their experience to the Study Session;
- be residents of Council of Europe member state countries; some exceptions are possible depending on the participants’ application form.
- be able to attend the whole duration of the Study Session;
- be able to join a Discord group of the Study Session before the activity;
- be able to bring their own computer for the e-tools workshops (although exceptions are possible).
The Study Session is organised by DYPALL Network in cooperation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe.