The European Confederation of Youth Clubs is looking for participants for their training and funding program dedicated to youth participation projects.
When: 1-4 October 2021
Where: online, via Zoom
Deadline for applications: 5 September 2021
The aim of this study session is to empower young people to strengthen youth participation in their local and regional communities.
- To explore different forms, strengths and obstacles of youth participation and identify the background differences of the local realities
- To explore the Revised European Charter of the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life within the Human Rights framework defined by the Council of Europe and how they can be used to promote youth participation
- To share experiences and good practice regarding how to overcome barriers of youth participation
- To plan concrete actions for enhancing youth participation and removing barriers for participation, including holding workshops with young people at the community level
Even if held online, the training is facilitated using non-formal educational methods, where participants will be actively participating in the sessions and discuss their views and experiences on the topic.
As an outcome of the training, there will be developed multiple projects. There is a budget of 8000 Euros to be divided among the projects, to support participants in implementing meaningful activities on the topic of youth participation, in their communities.
Profile of participants:
- Young people involved in the decision-making processes of the organisation (e.g. youth boards, youth advisory councils, etc);
- Active in any type or form of youth work (ex. youth clubs, youth centres, youth organisations);
- Have a basic knowledge and awareness on youth and active participation;
- Interested and motivated to learn more about youth participation and its barriers;
- Who can apply the learning outcomes in their local community after the training and implement local initiatives within the given budgets
- at least 15 years of age, applicants under 30 years old are given priority
- able to communicate in English
- able to attend for the full duration of the training.