Apply now: Democracy Reloading Stakeholder Conference – Online Sessions
11 October 2021
Democracy Reloading Stakeholder Conference is planned to take place between 27-28 October 2021.
The online sessions are planned to take place in parallel with the residential Democracy Reloading Stakeholder Conference (Portimáo, Portugal).
The online sessions are designed to engage participants who cannot join the event in person. Therefore, participants can follow the Stakeholder Conference through online streaming, while at some moments there will also be specific online workshops with the same focus as in the Conference. For some parts of the conference, organisers plan to connect the offline Conference participants with the online participants.
DAY 1 – WEDNESDAY – 27th October
- 9.00 Introducing the programme, get to know each other for the online participants (interactive)
- 9.30 Official opening of the Conference (online streaming from Portimáo)
- 10.00 Youth, Democracy, Municiplity – Keynote speech by Dan Moxon, UK (online streaming)
- 10.30 – 11.30 Panel discussion “Challenges and Support: Municipalities engaging youth in democratic participation” with European organisations (online streaming)
- 14.30-16.30 Democracy Reloading Workshop: Introducing the Toolkit and the activities of the Partnership (interactive online session where participants can try the Toolkit and also discuss its potentials)
- 16.30 Presenting the outcomes of the Workshop to the Conference (interactive session with Conference participants in Portimáo)
DAY 2 – THURSDAY – 28th October
- 9.30 – 12.30 Online streaming of 4 selected good practice workshops of the Conference
- 14.30 – 15.30 What do municipalities need to further develop democratic youth participation / engaging young people in municipal decision-making (online streaming of the panel discussion with representatives of municipalities, interaction of the online participants)
- 16.00 -17.00 Future plans and closing (online streaming)