Open call: ITU is looking for new members of the Generation Connect – Europe Youth Group
8 February 2022
The Internatioal Telecommunication Office (ITU) Office for Europe has launched a call for nominations of new members of the Generation Connect – Europe Youth Group (GC-EUR) being part of the “Generation Connect” global initiative, which aims to engage global youth and encourage their participation as equal partners alongside the leaders of today’s digital change.
GC-EUR aims at providing a unique participative process for youth to contribute to the work of ITU in the European region. It offers European youth a virtual platform to discuss opportunities and challenges related to digital technologies. Through this platform, youth will be consulted and able to share with ITU membership their interests, concerns, and perspectives on digital transformation.
This is your opportunity to be part of the youth- lead journey towards a more inclusive digital future!
– Be 18 to 25 years old;
– Be a citizen of the countries of the European region
– Have interest and/or experience and knowledge in the field of digital technologies and digital transformation, including in the application of digital solutions in areas such as education, health, civic participation or other public services
– Possess strong communication, analytical and writing skills
– Possess the ability to work remotely in teams
– Have an advanced level of English
– Interest and/or experience and knowledge in the field of international cooperation as well as being active in a national or regional youth organization in Europe would be of advantage (not mandatory)
Deadline for applications and selection
European youth are kindly invited to submit their candidatures through the online form by 27 February 2022, 11:59 p.m. CET.
After an in-depth analysis of all candidatures, the composition of the group will be announced by 7 March 2022.
The kick-off meeting of GC-EUR will take place on 15 March 2022.