The European Youth Information and Counselling Agency (ERYICA) and Eurodesk Brussels Link are looking for an expert to
lead the development of a guide on youth participation in youth information with the aim of addressing these questions and many others that may emerge in the process.
Besides grounding the work on their own experience and contributions, the author will be supported by an editorial team composed of representatives of the ERYICA and Eurodesk headquarters and international experts. They will provide input and assistance for the design of the Guide, which will be published by the end of 2022 as a long-term legacy to the European Year on Youth.
The engagement includes:
1. Concept outline and desk research:
- Proposing a detailed concept for the Guide;
- Conducting desk research to identify relevant publications, resources, and good practice examples;
- Process the outcomes of a preliminary survey that ERYICA and Eurodesk will launch and collect additional data if needed;
- Building up on existing publications and resources in the field of youth participation, youth information and youth work, as well as from other sectors;
- Presenting the concept in an online meeting with the coordinators and revising the concept based on the feedback
2. Content development:
- Handling the content development process including collecting and implementing feedback and input 3-4 meetings are foreseen in 2022 to brainstorm and collect input for the guide (parts 1 and 2). This requires facilitation of the process and compilation of the outcomes.
- Complementing inputs with previous desk research to structure and write the content of the publication. The expert is expected to write the publication with support from the editorial team.
- Finalising the content of the Guide on Youth Participation in Youth Information.
The guide will:
- Be available for online and offline publication
- Be in clear, easily understandable English language
- Be illustrated by a graphic designer/illustrator (to be subcontracted separately by ERYICA and Eurodesk)
- Have between 40 and 60 pages (before designing)
The publication will be a follow-up of the first publication released on Greening Youth Information services. This will give you a good idea of the expected result.
The work is expected to be carried out from April till October 2022.
To submit your proposal, please send your CV and answer the following questions:
- What is your motivation to work with the two networks on this topic?
- What will you be able to bring in as an author? Share methodology and ways of working.
- What is your previous experience on the topic and on this type of publication? Please share references to your work.
Submit your application no later than 18 March 2022 to email@example.com.
The selection will be made by Eurodesk Brussels Link and the ERYICA Secretariat in late March 2022. Applicants will be notified by the end of March 2022.