Open call: International Project Lab – Youth Exchanges and Youth Participation projects
The main aim of the International Project Lab “New Power in Youth” is to support the quality development of youth participation projects, by offering the space to youth leaders to create partnerships and initiate common projects on the topics or social causes identified in their local contexts. The Lab provides a unique opportunity to add a European perspective to them and find common solutions and ways forwards.
The Project Lab
- will take place in Durres, near Tirana – Albania, the European Youth Capital in 2022 between 6-10 June 2022 (including travel days)
- is open for youth leaders from Estonia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Slovenia, Western Balkan countries
Application deadline (updated): 27 April 2022
Selection announcement (updated): 5 May 2022
Target group – 25 youth leaders who:
- represent a youth organisation or an informal group of young people willing to take a role of an applicant or partner in the Erasmus+ Programme;
- are interested in developing projects within the Erasmus+ Programme’s Key Action 1, namely Youth Exchanges and Youth Participation projects;
- have identified an issue relevant for young people in their community they would like to address with European partners;
- are capable of communicating effectively in English;
- are at least 18 years old.
The three-day programme of activities will consist of:
- thematic inputs and exercises on the topic of participation and the possibilities within the Erasmus+ Programme
- spaces to share and exchange about the themes and topics identified at the local level and find commonalities between them
- spaces for partner-finding and project development within the Erasmus+ Programme
- opportunities to get to know youth and youth work realities in Albania in the frame of the Tirana European Youth Capital 2022.
Before the activity in Albania the participants have a chance to connect and learn about each other during a first initial meeting (mandatory for all selected participants).
The Project Lab is part of the strategic cooperation between several Erasmus+ National Agencies in the field of youth and SALTO Resource Centres – New Power in Youth SNAC.
Youth participation in democratic life and young people’s active civic engagement are high priorities of the EU youth strategy and incorporated into the majority of contemporary youth policy frameworks in different European countries.
The Erasmus+ Programme is a mechanism to put the EU youth strategy into practice and provides many opportunities for young people to develop international projects, which empower them to take an active role in society and help them to develop civic and social competences.
In this context, the Project Lab “New Power in Youth” brings together 25 youth leaders from different European countries to learn about the possibilities within the Erasmus+ Programme, namely Youth Exchanges and Youth Participation Activities.