The ICANN organisation is looking for the next generation of individuals who are interested in becoming actively engaged in their regional communities and in shaping the future of global Internet policy. Important work is happening every day at ICANN. If you are ready to start your journey, attending an ICANN Public Meeting as a NextGen@ICANN participant could be the place to start!
Through the NextGen program, ICANN provides coaching and travel assistance to students from the regions where the ICANN meeting is taking place. The first round of applications closes on the 1st of July 2022.
Participants in the NextGen@ICANN programme have to be:
- Enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student.
- Between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of the ICANN meeting.
- Currently living and studying in the region of the respective ICANN meeting. (ICANN‘s meetings rotate through five geographic regions: Africa, Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific. Find out your ICANN region here. See the calendar and regional rotation for future meetings.)
- Interested in Internet Governance, the future of the Internet, and other topics covered at ICANN meetings.
- If selected, participant must be able to attend the ICANN meeting and required events. NexGen participants are expected to actively participate in the meeting.
- If selected, participant must be willing to present a 5 -10 minute project at the meeting. The presentation can cover topics including: research you are working on or completed, an activity related to ICANN‘s work, an ICANN related website you are affiliated with, a thesis project, etc.
By applying, applicants are agreeing to attend the ICANN meeting with the NextGen@ICANN group as well as all required events. Each individual is provided a grant of support that covers the cost of economy class airfare, hotel and a stipend. NextGen participants are required to secure their own visas for travel at their own expense. If an applicant wants to obtain travel or health insurance this will be at their own expense. NextGen applicants must provide personal information; however, it is voluntary to apply. For more information, see Program Terms and Conditions.
ICANN75 Annual General Meeting will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Deadline for applications 1st July 2022.
ICANN76 Community Forum will take place in Cancun, Mexico. Deadline for applications 24th October 2022.