Training Course: Empowering youth participation (in Russian language)
22 September 2022
Empowering youth participation Training Course will be organised in the Russian language and will take place between 2-6 November 2022, in Lithuania.
Deadline for applications: 7 October 2022.
Why: there is a lack of quality international training opportunities in Russian language for those who work directly with young people from Russian speaking backgrounds. The current situation in Europe increased Russian speaking groups of young people in Europe, thus there is a need to better prepare youth workers who are not able to join trainings in English.
What are the aims:
- To understand changing context of young people and what effects youth participation on the local and national levels;
- Reflect of situation of participation of young people with Russian speaking background and what could be done to foster and support their participation;
- Share various methodologies used in youth work training programs;
- To create space for participants to develope international cooperation projects;
- To explore media literacy and its effect in young people.
Expected participant profile: youth workers, community leaders, educators, NGO representatives. Participants must be fluent in Russian and work with Russian speaking youth.
Methodology: The training will be inclusive and interactive, based on the principles of experiential learning and non-formal education. During the program of the training course time will be devoted to share participants local realities, understand the situation of young people from Russian speaking backgrounds in different countries. Participants will have the opportunity to network and discuss ideas for future cooperation. They will gain knowledge about “Erasmus +” and “European solidarity corps” program actions and funding opportunities.
- Better understanding Russian speaking youth situation in European communities;
- Competence to transfer the importance of media literacy to young people;
- Competencies to work with topics of identity, intercultural dialogue, cooperation;
- Information about youth participation support mechanisms (structures, NFE methods, grant programs, policy priorities etc) ;
- Competence to foster Russian speaking youth participation in the local and national levels;
- Create better opportunities for Russian speaking young people to be represented in the decision making processes and be better represented.
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.
Accommodation and food
The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Your sending National Agency will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.