Join SALTO Participation & Information as a Participation Coordinator
8 December 2022
Do you want to work in an organisation which aims to enhance participation in democratic life across Europe? As our team is growing and our activities expanding to the field of education and training, SALTO Participation & Information Resource Centre (SALTO PI) is hiring a Participation Coordinator to join us from January 2023.
- To introduce the European strategy for enhancing youth participation through Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes in the field of education and training and develop further strategic objectives for Education and Training fields, and for developing synergies between formal and non-formal learning fields to enhance participation;
- To support the capacity building of the NAs to take their role as enhancer of participation, including their role in the development of critical competencies for participation and in using the full potential of the digital technologies in reaching its target audiences;
- To develop expertise on and initiate reflection, discussion and cultivate awareness about the evolving trends in participation, competences for participation, involvement in democratic decision-making processes, policy developments around participation, etc.;
- To offer new and smart solutions to NAs and the European Commission, including data-rich analyses as well as innovation in approaches and methods to foster participation in democratic life and the critical competencies development needed for its quality;
- To liaise with and provide expertise and support to the European Commission for raising awareness amongst stakeholders about the objectives and developing synergies between EU Education and Youth Policy and the Erasmus+ programme;
- To facilitate processes and organise events (offline and online) to support achieving the objectives.
Work Experience (including voluntary work)
- A minimum of four years of responsible international experience in project or programme management in the area of participation and civic engagement is required.
- Experience in planning, managing and conducting transnational training programmes, organising conferences and monitoring/analysing information and data is desirable.
- Experience in online and/or outreach/information campaigns and projects is required.
- Experience in working with various formal education or training fields is desirable.
Languages & Education: Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; basic knowledge of Estonian is an asset. Candidates should have an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in social sciences.
What we offer
- Work in an ambitious and dynamic team committed to a shared cause, including an active approach to team development, trainings and opportunities for personal and professional development;
- A chance to develop your own activities and directions based on overall aims and objectives of SALTO PI;
- Benefits designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance, e.g. health subsidy and health days; a salary that enables comfortable living in Estonia;
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
Deadline and applications
We invite you to submit by 1 January 2023 your CV, highlighting the relevance of your experiences and competence to the job, and a motivation letter focused on your vision in working at the SALTO Participation & Information Resource Centre.
The documents should be sent through the RECRUR recruitment platform of the Estonian Education and Youth Board.
For more information, please contact the SALTO Participation & Information team at firstname.lastname@example.org.