New Power in Youth Strategic Partnership (NPiY SNAC) is looking for a Communication Expert who is passionate about youth participation and is experienced in strategic planning and online communication.
New Power in Youth is a Strategic Partnership between National Agencies for Erasmus+ & European Solidarity Corps and SALTO Resource Centres. Its main aim is to foster youth participation in democratic life and it contributes to three specific objectives:
- Introducing Erasmus+ & ESC Youth Participation Strategy and supporting youth participation projects through E+ & ESC programmes.
- Supporting the strategic development of youth participation in democratic life on local, national and European levels.
- Enhancing the partnership between the non-formal and formal education sectors in order to better support youth participation in democratic life.
The concept of the NPiY SNAC can be checked here, as well as the plan of main events & meetings foreseen during the time of the contract.
- Setting up the social media channel(s) of NPiY SNAC (Instagram will be one of the channels) and managing the community created around it
- Supporting the creation and development of a web page-page of the Partnership with relevant content (articles based on the NPiY SNAC activities; providing feedback on design and functionalities, when required)
- Updating the social media channels and the web-page dedicated to the NPiY SNAC
- Creating social media visuals (videos, images etc.), digital content and news articles before and after events organised within NPiY SNAC – tailored to the NPiY SNAC target groups (eg. young people, youth workers, youth experts, National Agencies for E+ & ESC)
- Running online campaigns based on the annual activity plan
- Working closely with a digital marketing agency to run online campaigns
- Joining regular coordination meetings with the NPiY SNAC team (European coordinator, Estonian NA officer, or SNAC partnership if needed)
- Joining NPiY SNAC events, when necessary (in 2023, it’s estimated that the expert joins 2 residential events)
- Other media and communication tasks, agreed with the NPiY SNAC team
- Experience in online and/or outreach/information campaigns and projects is required
- Experience in working with editing/visuals design software
- Availability to effectively work online and self-manage own tasks
- Availability to join residential events, when necessary
- Open attitude, showing initiative and good team cooperation
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required
- Experience working with/for stakeholders in the youth/educational sector is highly recommended (youth or youth work organisations; National Agencies for E+/ESC; other educational organisations etc.)
- Experience working in international organisations is desirable
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please send your application, by 15 March 2023, to the New Power in Youth SNAC Coordinator (Veronica STEFAN, firstname.lastname@example.org). The application consists of:
- Your updated CV;
- A portfolio with relevant materials (eg. articles you have written, digital content you have created, online campaigns you have run, examples of social media channels, web pages you have managed). Please also include English written materials or a sample of an English written material (even if they are not related to the online campaigns you have run);
- A short motivation letter that includes:
- your skills and experience based on the sections “core tasks” and “requested profile” above
- both your experience in communication as well as in working with the youth/educational sector.
- a brief vision for NPiY SNAC’s communication and online presence
- Your fee offer (hourly price without and including all taxes). Please mention if you are submitting the offer as a registered company or individual.
The expert is expected to start work in April 2023 (after the announcement of the selection, until March 2024. The maximum amount for all the tasks included above, and in line with the NPiY SNAC 2023 events & meetings plan, is 10.000 euros, including all taxes.
The selection will be conducted by the Estonian NA staff and experts based on the submitted documents. The evaluation committee will select the successful candidate based on the presented CV, portfolio & motivation letter (60%) and fee offer (40%). Shortlisted candidates can be invited for an interview before the final selection.
You will be informed about the selection by 25 March 2023