Digital competences and Digital capacities, European Report 2022
Year of production: 2022
“ Digital competences and Digital capacities” Report is the result of a mapping process that took place between September 2021 and January 2022, and which looked at digital youth work practices, particularly after 2018. It had both a European and a national dimension, with research activities being carried to map larger European practices as well as national ones in 10 different countries BE (FL), CY, EE, FI, DE, IS, IE, LT, RO, TR. The mapping process was identified as a necessary step in order to have digital youth work tools based on evidence, looking to further advance or scale up existing practices. More specifically, during the mapping research, the following objectives were set:
- Identifying digital competence frameworks and self-assessment tools for youth workers, trainers, educators, teachers
- Identifying digital capacity frameworks and self-assessment tools for youth work & educational organisations, other sectors
- Identifying training materials on digital youth work
In addition to presenting the results of the mapping exercise, the Report proposes two important instruments that could further advance digital competences in the youth sector:
- A prototype for a self-assessment tool for digital competences of youth workers and trainers
- A prototype for a digital capacity framework for youth work organisations – proposed for the digital transformation of youth work organisations in Europe.
The Report is an outcome of the “ Digital Competences and Capacities in Youth Work” is the outcome of the Digital Youth Work Strategic National Agencies Cooperation (DYW SNAC), Work Package 2 led by the Estonian National Agency for Erasmus+ & European Solidarity Corps, in partnership with 13 other National Agencies Belgium (Flanders), Cyprus, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ierland, Lithuania, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Turkey. The main aim of the Work Package 2 (WP2) is that of contributing to a holistic view of the current digital state and supporting the capabilities of youth work organisations, youth workers and trainers in order to advance their objectives for a successful digital transformation in the field of youth work. In this context, activities in the framework of WP2 include:
- A European mapping (the present Report)
- The development of virtual self-assessment tools for digital competences of youth workers and trainers in the youth work field (to be developed during 2022)
- The development of self-assessment tools for the digital capacities of youth work organisations (to be developed during 2022).